National Aviation Collection - KN820.
Canada's liberator is R.A.F. BVIII KN820 built by Ford at Willow Run as B24L-20-FO 44-50154 which was delivered by 6 FU, 45 Group R.A.F. T.C. to A.C.S.E.A. on 30th July 1945. KN820 was allocated to 355 Squadron at Salbani. 355 Squadron was a. bomber squadron formed on 18th August 1943 and had been equipped with Liberators all its career, playing a full bombing role throughout the Burma Campaign. KN820 arrived too late to take part in this campaign but flew with Squadron on aerial photography survey duties for the Bengali Government until May 1946 when the Squadron disbanded and its aircraft were flown to 322 Maintenance Unit at Chakeri.
KN820 then served with No.6 Squadron on Maritime duties coded 'M' and serialed HE 773. The National Aviation Collection acquired this Liberator from the R.A.F. after negotiating an exchange of the aircraft for a Westland Lysander.
It has been painted to represent an R.C.A.F. GRVIII Canadian Serial 11130 and-is now on display at Rockcliffe. Unfortunately, the colour scheme it now wears - olive drab and grey camouflaged surfaces and white sides and under surfaces is completely inaccurate as the true 11130 was in bare metal (Alclad) finish during its full R.C.A.F. service.